Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Bridget's Bird Blog


On her very lovely bridbird blog, Bridget Farmer says the following:

"I've been looking into the myths and legends of crows and ravens for my new exhibition happening in September. I want to create a new body of work based on the positive beliefs about these birds rather than the ominous. I'm looking into subject matter such as two crows seen on your wedding day signifies an auspicious marriage due to the fact that crows mate for life and are very loyal. Also how the cry of the raven sounds like the latin word for 'tomorrow' which is 'cras' and therefore the romans interpreted it as an expression of eternal hope."

In addition to my 'Thinking Bird' above, learn more about the ravens and crows currently inspiring Bridget Farmer here: http://bridbird.blogspot.com/